IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR: Everybody’s got an Urgent Garden Question (or 20!). What better place to ask them than in person at one of my upcoming events? The car and I start another run starting tomorrow morning with an appearance at my favorite plant sale, Trade Secrets in Sharon, Connecticut, before we head north for Manchester Center, Vermont, for an evening lecture (whoosh)! And there many other stops in the weeks ahead, too—including a much-overdue one at the historic home of The Fabulous Beekman Boys and their adorable goats:
- Saturday, May 14, 9-11 AM: Garden Q&A’s and book signing at Trade Secrets, Sharon, CT. I will be at the Hammertown booth from 9-11 AM or so at this annual fundraising event that really is the plant fair of all plant fairs.
- Saturday, May 14, 7 PM: Slide lecture and signing at Northshire Books, Manchester Center, VT. I’ll be speaking about making a 365-day garden, even in cold zones like mine.
- Saturday, May 21, 9-11:30 AM: There are still a few spaces left in the morning session of my popular container-garden workshop with Bob Hyland, here in the garden. Details and registration.
- Sunday, May 29, noon: I’ll present my 365-day garden lecture to benefit the Farmers’ Museum of Cooperstown, NY, at Sharon Spring (NY) Library, tickets available here. This is part of a weekend-long Garden Party being put on by the irrepressible Fabulous Beekman Boys of television fame, Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell, and I’ve been promised a chance to meet their goats (more on all that here).
- Sunday, June 5: Come celebrate the 200th Anniversary of Comstock, Ferre Seeds, Wethersfield, CT; reserve a free ticket for my 365-day garden slide lecture, and be sure to scan the whole day’s program, which includes great speakers, demos, and more.
- Saturday, June 25: I’ll give my lecture at 9 AM, preceding the Hidden Gardens of Spencertown, NY, tour event, benefiting Spencertown Academy.
- Sunday June 26, 11:30 AM to 2 PM, including my lecture at Roe Jan Park’s second annual benefit garden luncheon, at the Hillsdale (NY) Fire House. Reservations required; roejanpark [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Saturday, July 30: Benefit lecture in Lake Placid, NY, organized by The Bookstore Plus. Check their site for details and reservations.
- Friday, August 5, 6-9 PM: 15th Sharon (CT) Summer Book Signing, Hotchkiss Library of Sharon.
- Thursday, September 8: Lecture, Upper Red Hook (NY) Garden Club, 12:30 PM. (Details to follow.)
- Thursday, September 15, 7:30 PM: Lecture for Connecticut Horticultural Society, Emanuel Auditorium, West Hartford, CT.
- Wednesday, October 26: Lecture to benefit Planting Fields Arboretum, Long Island. (Details to follow.)
(Photo of me teaching here in the garden by Erica Berger.)