THOUGH I WON’T START TOMATO SEEDS HERE UNTIL MID-APRIL, I know from looking at my WordPress dashboard—the administrative screen I use to create and run this blog—that many of you are already looking around for the tomato-growing how-to’s. To make the searching easier, a roundup of links to my best tomato-growing tips and tricks:
- Tips for growing a better tomato yourself from seed. (Need seed-starting basics in more detail, no matter what the crop?)
- Take that homegrown tomato, or one you bought as a seedling, all the way to successful harvest with these tomato-growing tricks.
- Grafting is widely used around the world in commercial tomato production to increase yields and disease-resistance. Here’s how tomato grafting works.
- Tomatoes aren’t without their challenges, so here’s a rundown of some tomato troubles I have encountered. Last year, I even had a second round of worries.
- After the late-blight epidemic of 2009, a primer on preventing tomato diseases seems in order.