IN NOVEMBER I posed a question, in the form of a survey, to all of you: Would you be interested in attending a webinar-style garden lecture by me, and if so on what kind of topics?
I have to say: I was overrun with responses, thank you–more than I ever expected. I’ve analyzed your feedback on subjects, days, times and format, and now I’m pleased to say tickets for three sessions of my first garden lecture-without-borders are on sale. (Click here, or see the order form at the bottom of this story).
No matter where you live, you can join me for an hour-long slide talk and a question session afterward. Here’s my first go at it, with sessions:
- Monday, January 23 from 7 to 8:30 PM Eastern (waitlist only; sold out immediately)
- Wednesday, February 8 from 2 to 3:30 PM Eastern
- Wednesday, February 15 at 7 to 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 21 at 6:30 to 8:00 PM
Nonstop Plants: A Garden for 365 Days
WANT TO ATTEND my most popular garden lecture—about making, and enjoying, a four-season garden—no matter where you live? I’ve adapted it into a webinar, to reach people beyond the geographic areas where I speak in person these days.
This event will take place using the software from GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar, that’s free and easy for you to install. A week ahead of time, you’ll be sent a link to use to join the event, and simple instructions how to get ready.* (More below on that, too.)
There will also be a handout to accompany the talk, giving you the names of any plants mentioned and some other details.
What the Slide Talk Covers
Here’s what the slide talk – with full Q&A period afterward – will cover:
Want to make a garden for all seasons? I love looking out my windows 365 days a year—not just in “garden season.”
Expressions commonly heard each September like “the season’s almost over” don’t sit well with me. I have worked for more than 25 years to make my place in the Hudson Valley (NY)-Berkshires (MA) area a visual treat every day of the year, not just May to September.
In this talk, you’ll meet the plants and the philosophy that make it happen, delivered with a dose of “horticultural how-to and woo-woo.” (Oh, and some really bad jokes, too.) You’ll learn:
- the background of how I came to garden here—with a little “before and after” for perspective
- how and why I made a four-season garden—and the basic principles of garden design that I applied
- how to shop for plants with that goal in mind (with profiles of many of my garden-worthy favorites)
- what makes the garden so appealing to nearly 70 species of birds and other welcome wildlife
- how to go beyond “outdoor decorating” aimed at pure visual effect, and really engage with the garden through all your senses and emotions (that’s the “woo-woo” part!)
Select a date below then grab a ticket, or click here to register. Note: All times are Eastern.
*About the Webinar Software
Want to check now how the free-to-you webinar software will work, and even install it ahead of time and enter a “test” meeting to be sure? Click this link (note: it will take you away from this website to Citrix, the software provider.)