meet the beekman boys at my august 17 garden open day
I REMEMBER SITTING in our skyscraper-high offices at Martha Stewart, dreaming out loud together about the “someday” of rural living. Well, I made it out of the city, and so did Brent Ridge—my former colleague, and half of “The Amazing Race”-winning duo called the Fabulous Beekman Boys. Now he and Josh Kilmer-Purcell are coming over to this side of the Hudson River for my August 17 Garden Conservancy Open Day, and to do a talk about “The Heirloom Life” they live. Want to join us? There’s a giant plant sale on the program, too!, and other gardens open nearby.
the day’s highlights
- Garden open from 10-4. No reservations required; $5 suggested donation to be shared by the Garden Conservancy and Friends of Taconic State Park (benefiting programs in the state park my Copake Falls, New York, garden is surrounded by).
- Plant sale by Broken Arrow Nursery at the garden, 10-4; to pre-order larger specimen plants or something specific, call Broken Arrow ahead of time, and ask for Adam Wheeler.
- 10-11: breakfast and book signing with the Beekman Boys, at Church of St. John in the Wilderness (2 minutes drive from garden); reserve your ticket now; space limited.
- 11-noon: lecture on ‘”The Heirloom Life” by the Beekman Boys, at the church, followed by book signing; reserve your ticket now; space limited.
- 10-4: Visit other Garden Conservancy gardens nearby. Details, and directions to my place and all the rest.
Want to learn more about the Beekman Boys? Visit their website now.