CAN YOU RECOMMEND a (fill in the blank), Margaret? It’s the most common question I am asked, with the blank usually being a tool for a specific job; a field guide (since I am well-known for being nuts for them); or of course a favorite plant or seed source. Welcome, then, to Margaret Recommends, a jumping-off point for some of my answers on all that.
my most-offered suggestions
AT THE RISK of repeating myself, the things I recommend over and again to other gardeners, and rely on in my own garden and home year after year, include:
- lightweight, efficient pruning tools
- my basic seed-starting gear, including lights
- my watering musts (best hose, rain gauge…and also my electronic weather station)
- my trustiest “cheap” tools (in price only, not quality)
- my bird-feeding basics
- favorite field guides, from a real field-guide freak
- my must-have kitchen gear
Disclosure: Some products on those pages go to Amazon affiliate links from which I earn a commission. Some are from friends I shop from myself who are also occasional website sponsors. Others just go to places I shop, period, with no business relationship involved.