CAN YOU RECOMMEND a (fill in the blank), Margaret? It’s the most common question I am asked, with the blank usually being a tool for a specific job; a garden-to-table cookbook; a field guide (since I am well-known for being nuts for them); or of course a favorite plant or seed source. Welcome, then, to Margaret Recommends, a jumping-off point for some of my answers on all that, plus must-have cooking and canning gear and more.
my most-offered suggestions
- my basic seed-starting gear, including lights
- my trustiest “cheap” tools (in price only, not quality)
- my must-have kitchen gear
- other essential stuff for living that i rely on
- the 2013 gift list, including my favorite hose, edger, feeder brand, gloves, weeding knife…
- the 2014 holiday gift list included a weed encyclopedia, favorite boots (short or tall)…
- my go-to garden carts and wheelbarrows
- favorite field guides, from a real field-guide freak
- recommended cookbooks, heavy on the fresh and garden-to-table
Disclosure: Some products on those pages go to Amazon affiliate links from which I earn a commission. Some are from friends I shop from myself who are also occasional website sponsors. Others just go to places I shop, period, with no business relationship involved.