firstsnow2REALITY CHECK: It is October 28, and it is snowing. Please send drugs.

CategoriesNature

Welcome, Wendy. Glad I am not alone. Do visit again soon, once you are through shoveling. :)

And away we go…into the winter.

2. Melinda Wedding says:

Holy crap Batman! It’s October! That’s so not fair!

In other disgusted weather news, North Dallas had its first freeze last night, about three weeks before normal. I think we’re in for a doozy this year!

3. Mary-Frances Makichen says:

I’m psychically sending you the blue sky and 70 degree weather I’m currently enjoying in Northern California. I go back to Washington next week where I’m sure it will be grey and rainy.

4. Kara S says:

Snow here in W.Va. too. Not a lot, just some flurries. But it’s only October! Yipes!!! Farmers Almanac predicts a harsher winter for us – I believe it!

5. Tammy says:

SNOW.Unbelievable.
    Melinda, I’m in the burbs east of Dallas and no freeze there. I’m always amazed how temps can be so varied, but I think you are right about the doozy of a winter.

Welcome, Ann, from sunny Atlanta. Good of you to stop in despite our unfavorable weather. Do come again soon, bringing that sunshine w/you.

Welcome also to John, who is pretending he doesn’t know from snow. Yes, the white stuff…ridiculous. It seems to have melted, with the temps now about 37. All eyes are on New Hampshire for various reasons these days, so keep us posted on weather and other happenings.

7. Kathy from Cold Climate Gardening says:

A little bit of snow in the end of October is not too unusual, but the wind is horrible! Makes it feel twice as cold, inside and out!

8. Molly says:

I sure hope this snow will melt soon as I have yet to plant my bulbs. I have been known to plant them in December under a few inches of snow, so I am well within my time frame…

9. Mary C says:

We’re still basking in the warmth of a 75 degree autumn here in the Sierra Foothills of California, but my husband and I did cut up some scrap wood for kindling this weekend knowing that by the 31st it could all change in a minute. Batten down the hatches and get out the garden catalogues…thanks for the tip about Benary’s Giant zinnias…they’re on my “to order” list!

Welcome, Mary C. I was about to make kindling, too, and rake the rest of the leaves, and…. It will melt, and I will get back to the usual order of late-October days. See you again soon.

Welcome also to India J. Glad to heave you here from distant shores. Do come again.

11. susan says:

I might be in the minority, but I love the changing of the seasons. Enjoyed the short snow shower. I will miss the greenery but the landscape is so beautiful in a different way.