THOUGH I HAVEN’T eaten meat, fish or poultry in more decades than I care to admit to being an adult, I love food (and even cook all of the above for guests). Listeners to my weekly public-radio show will know I interview many cookbook authors who are inclined to garden-to-table cuisine. The selection on this page includes some new and old favorites I’m enjoying at the moment.
Links to stories I’ve written on some of their authors who have joined me on the radio, too, are beneath the grid of cover thumbnails.
(Disclaimer: Links reached by clicking any of the books or captions are to my Amazon affiliate account, where I earn a commission if you shop.)
my guest-chef interviews and podcasts
- Anna Thomas on “Vegan, Vegetarian Omnivore”
- Master baker Peter Reinhart on better bread
- “The New York Times” columnist Martha Rose Shulman makes vegetarian easy
- Deborah Madison on quick stocks and other tips
- Deborah Madison on best herbs, Romesco sauce, and more
- ‘Clean Soups’ and best broths, with Rebecca Katz
- Bryant Terry’s exciting “Afro-Vegan” flavors
- Mollie Katzen redefines vegetarian
- All my “guest chef” stories, recipes and cookbook reviews from the archives