THERE’S NO VIDEO OR BOOK GIVEAWAY in this post, so I understand if you’re inclined to skip it. But I’m hoping you’ll read on, and help make “And I Shall Have Some Peace There,” coming two weeks from today, on February 23, a success. I’m not very comfortable asking for help, or “selling” myself. I’d rather talk about plants, or creative inspirations. But I am extremely proud of the book–and then there’s this:
Book-writing is key to the scaled-down life I’ve consciously chosen since I left my career, paycheck and benefits. Along with part-time consulting, writing is how I support myself. The garden blog is what I jokingly call my non-profit work…it costs money to run it, but pays back in the pleasure I derive creating it and in your companionship and conversation.
So as awkward as it is, here goes: Here are 5 things you can do to help me succeed. The most expensive “ask” runs $16 to $26, depending where you shop. The others cost nothing at all. Won’t you:
1. Buy a book (you knew that was coming, didn’t you?).
2. Share and Like my book video, showing it to others I might not know, but you do.
- For Facebook users: Share and Like it here.
- On YouTube: “Subscribe” to my new channel. Mark my book and garden videos as favorites; share them.
- For those with blogs: Grab the embed code and post it on your site.
4. Forward one of my recent emails, such as yesterday’s (which is right here) to friends. (What? You don’t subscribe already? Well, go ahead.)
5. Wish me giant luck. In the Chinese zodiac, this is the Year of the Golden Rabbit, the luckiest sign of all. I’m not so crazy about bunnies in the garden…but this golden one hopping into my life now: I’ll take it!
P.S. — Remember, you don’t have to do any of these, and the gates to A Way to Garden and this book blog will stay open and ad-free. You are always welcome. Your visits and comments are among the many treasures of my “new” rural life, just like Andre Jordan the Doodler (his first “take” on my adventure is up top).
Thanks many times over, friends.