‘the backyard parables’ and my other books

The Backyard Parables revised cover

FRIENDS: “The Backyard Parables” (my third book), released in January 2013, has been called “a blessing” by “Eat, Pray, Love” author Liz Gilbert, and “a love story” by “The Vegetarian Epicure” author Anna Thomas, among other tender feedback. The book was featured in places from “People” magazine to “Good Housekeeping” and “The New York Times.” You can get a signed copy at this link.

IF EACH OF YOU who visits here to harvest some of my “horticultural how-to and woo-woo” bought a book, you’d have conspired to create a giant hit! (And I could blog fulltime, and stop answering my accountant’s six-years-running questions about “Now how are you going to monetize this crazy website of yours, Margaret?”) Tee hee, but back to being serious for a second:

I love this latest book with all my heart. I’m so proud of it (and I even shot the cover photo). I hope you will have the chance to read it yourself before too long–whether in hardcover, e-book or audiobook. Just start reading the preface, free, right now by downloading this pdf).

get your own copy now

WANT TO ORDER a copy of “The Backyard Parables”? Some places you can do just that:

my previous books

Books by Margaret Roach

I HAVE WRITTEN two previous books–one, in 1998, that this website was then named for a decade later, and another (in 2011) about my decision to leave my city fast-lane life and move to my rural garden fulltime. “A Way to Garden” (the book) is a collector’s item now (you can find it at used bookshops sometimes, or used on Amazon or Alibris [dot] com). You can purchase “And I Shall Have Some Peace There” at many booksellers, including Amazon (affiliate link). I offer gift-wrapped and/or signed copies of the two most recent ones here.

January 15, 2013

comments

1. Cheri says

Hi Margaret ~ I just read the free excerpt from your new book. It is fantastic! I cannot wait to get my hands on the book and read on. I laughed, was inspired, and felt like you were telling my story also.Congrats and looking forward to … the rest of the story… :)

2. Karen says

Since the publication date of your book is so close to my birthday, I took it as an omen and ordered it as my present to myself! Can’t wait.

3. Redsoxgal says

Hi Margaret, Mine is on it’s way from Amazon today also, but what a surprise I had, I had also ordered the Kindle edition from Amazon, it was waiting for me this morning whne I opened my emails!! So I just started reading it… it is WONDERFUL!!! You have a #1 hit for sure! Congratulations! Will be going to New England Moible Book Fair Jan. 30 to hear your talk! Very Excited!!

4. Lorie Januska says

The backyard parables just came. I haven’t even opened it yet but I will as soon as I finish this. I’m looking forward to reading your latest. I love the frog and Buddha and I’m sure I’ll love what’s inside the covers.

5. Daisy Marshall says

Ah! Margaret!!!! What a day! Enjoy reading the comments of all the kindred souls who have anticipated this day so very much. The two emails are next to each other today, yours and Amazons. Can’t wait to hold that baby in my hands, congratulations and thank you, Daisy.

6. Lynn cavo says

My two copies are on the way from amazon. Congratulations. Cannot wait for more Margaret pearls. You can be sure I will share with friends from CHS as well as the Farmington garden club. You have many fans in both!! Lynn

7. Emøke Bendixen says

Congratulations Margaret!
    My copy should be on its way from Amazon, and I can hardly wait to read it. Oh and yes: I did my jump and shout in my snow-covered garden.
    All the best
    Emøke

8. Rebecca says

Just bought the Kindle edition. So glad to support you in this way. I hope that everyone does buy the book and you can continue to share your incredible wisdom with us in a relaxed and supported way! Thanks for all you do!

9. Marie says

Whooo-HOO! Congratulations! I love to hear about life lessons learned in the garden. We all have ‘em. Looking forward to reading yours!

10. Elizabeth Gall says

The Amazon Best Sellers ranking was about 9900 this morning…I just checked this evening and it’s 1600. Good going, Margaret and your fans!

Margaret,
    I look forward to my copy coming. Your newsletter is the ONLY newsletter that I save so I can read it from top to bottom. Now I am looking forward to your book. Jumping and shouting from long island, new york.

12. Karen Burnett says

My copy arrived today via Amazon and I’ve already dug in. So far, I’m loving your latest book. Congratulations!

13. Bill says

Hi Margaret,

I ordered my book yesterday on Amazon! I thoroughly enjoyed your previous work and can’t wait to read your latest–your writing is magical!!! Give Jack a hug for me.

Bill

14. Licia Conforti says

Just received my pre-ordered copy yesterday and I can’t wait to read it! (The cover is wonderful.) The recent January thaw exposed my moonscape property, reminding me of all the grand plans I’m preparing for spring. Thank goodness for today’s new snowfall – providing more moisture, but allowing me guilt-free pleasure to curl up and read. Inspiration comes first!

15. DonnaLee Lane says

Congratulations, Margaret. Jumping up and down with you (and creating a bit of a avalanche as it continues to snow here in Norwood). Can’t wait to read the book; I love your writing style, wit and common sense approach to gardening. Your accountant sounds like mine … they see everything in black and white, unlike those of us who see most everything in green. I hope the book is wildly successful.

16. ann says

We are all so lucky to read this blog. Me knees do not allow much jumping but I rejoice with you and will enjoy this new book. my favorite color is green and that is the color of MONEY.