‘the backyard parables’ and my other books

The Backyard Parables revised cover

FRIENDS: “The Backyard Parables” (my third book), released in January 2013, has been called “a blessing” by “Eat, Pray, Love” author Liz Gilbert, and “a love story” by “The Vegetarian Epicure” author Anna Thomas, among other tender feedback. The book was featured in places from “People” magazine to “Good Housekeeping” and “The New York Times.”

IF EACH OF YOU who visits here to harvest some of my “horticultural how-to and woo-woo” bought a book, you’d have conspired to create a giant hit! (And I could blog fulltime, and stop answering my accountant’s five-years-running questions about “Now how are you going to monetize this crazy website of yours, Margaret?”) Tee hee, but back to being serious for a second:

I love this latest book with all my heart. I’m so proud of it (and I even shot the cover photo). And most of all: I hope you will have the chance to read it yourself before too long–whether in hardcover, e-book or audiobook. Just start reading the preface, free, right now by downloading this pdf).

get your own copy now

WANT TO ORDER a copy of “The Backyard Parables”? Some places you can do just that:

my previous books

Books by Margaret Roach

I HAVE WRITTEN two previous books–one, in 1998, that this website was then named for a decade later, and another (in 2011) about my decision to leave my city fast-lane life and move to my rural garden fulltime. “A Way to Garden” (the book) is a collector’s item now (you can find it at used bookshops sometimes, or used on Amazon or Alibris [dot] com). You can purchase “And I Shall Have Some Peace There” at many booksellers, including Amazon (affiliate link). I offer gift-wrapped and/or signed copies of the two most recent ones here.

January 15, 2013

comments

1. Irena says

Congratulations on yet another milestone! It’s only the first day of the book, and I have already read a citation from it in my new copy of Better Homes and Gardens (February issue)!

2. Sally says

Can’t wait! Amazon is delivering the 4 copies I ordered- that’s how many times I had to replace your last book, after the friends I shared it with held on to my copy… So looking forward to reading it. What a wonderful winter escape!

3. Burndett Andres says

Just got it! In hardcover. Can’t WAIT to read it. I’m actually putting off starting it, believe it or not, because it’s such a delight to have something so tantalizing to look forward to…my reward for finishing some other less delicious winter projects first. I know it’s meant to be read, but right now I’m using it as a carrot. Whatever works, right?

4. Maryann says

My New Year’s resolution was to read the books I’ve already bought before buying any new ones but I’m breaking it for this book. Wish you every success.

5. carolyn says

congrats margaret!!! received your book as a christmas gift from my son, and i can’t wait until i receive my copy.

6. Peg says

Thought I would be the first to tell you my copy is on the way, but no. Best of luck with the sales. I’m sure they will be fantastic.

7. Marsha says

Congratulations! Just got notice from Amazon that my copy has shipped. I am looking forward to reading what you have to say, again. I have both of your other books. One niggling request – please don’t put ads at the top of your blog page. On the right is fine but ads at the top really detract from your beautiful web site (monetizing not withstanding). Just sayin’

8. Stella says

Wow – another great book to add to my collection. I just “The Backyard Parables” from Amazon and cannot wait to read it. I hope you’ve got a best-seller and make TONS of money !

9. Kat says

Preordered back in Sept from amazon and it ships in a day or two. Can’t wait. Good thing I have a 6 day mini vacation starting Sunday!

• says

Thank you, Kat; how sweet of you to say hello and tell me so. Kind of funny thinking of the “baby” being out there in the world at least. :)

You, too, Sally — always good to hear from you.

And Cathy, welcome and a big thanks. Enjoy!

10. Emily says

Margaret, I cannot wait for my copy to come in. I was sooo excited when I saw Fed Ex drive up yesterday because I thought he was bringing me my new book. Instead he delivered protein powder for my new diet – bummer! I have all your books and I know this one will be just as great!

As a fellow author I know how it feels to “put the baby out there”. I will go through this myself later this summer. Congratulations, Margaret for sharing it with all of us. I look forward to reading it!

12. Pru says

Congratulations Margaret! I ordered my copy this morning and it should arrive in the next three weeks – I cannot wait. I also managed to track down a copy (via Amazon) of A Way To Garden and I am enjoying reading it and thinking about the garden in a different way.

I hope you are celebrating in some way today!