my saturday june 1 event updates
OOPS! Had a crazy hailstorm, and the garden’s topsy-turvy. But with a little help from my friends, I’ve got an action-packed, improvised “Open Day” on tap instead for Saturday June 1, anyhow, from 9 AM to 1 PM, at the nearby church here in Copake Falls, New York (with three unscathed nearby Garden Conservancy gardens open, too). Get details, directions and free lecture tickets (UPDATE SATURDAY MORNING — WALK-INS WELCOME; we have room in each lecture for you, so come join us):
WE’LL BE SET UP Saturday just down the road apiece from my house, at the historic Church of St. John in the Wilderness, 261 Route 344, Copake Falls, New York. Again: 9 AM-1 PM.
- Free lectures (get your tickets now!) on designing with great foliage plants and more
- Giant rare plant sale by Broken Arrow Nursery (one of our lecturers will be their Adam Wheeler, on designing with great foliage plants)
- Free vegetable-garden and seed-saving clinic—expert advice and demos by Hudson Valley Seed Library’s Ken Greene
- Free rare vintage seed ephemera display
- 3 hail-free nearby Garden Conservancy gardens open from 10-4!
- Directions to all the gardens, so you can map a route and make a day of it! from 10-4!