WE’RE ABOUT TO TURN 1, AND IT’S ABOUT TO TURN SPRING, so we went and got ourselves a new outfit for the occasion. Meet a shinier, gussied-up A Way to Garden, and welcome. Want a little tour?
I was holed-up here this winter for what seems like forever, and tried to be productive, coming up with some new features for your enjoyment. First, the disclaimer: things are still a little raw, just like the weather; it will take some time to tweak and cajole it all into best behavior. But here are the high points I hope you will enjoy:
- Typographic and design enhancements that make the blog more readable.
- Slide shows to enrich your garden “visits” (find them from the tab up top). Bulbs and a winter garden walk for now; lots more coming.
- Gardening FAQs (also a tab up top), by topic, will address your most-asked questions. One on bulbs is there to start; another FAQ a week to come, once I get some sleep.
- The month’s garden chores are still in the narrow-measure “sidebar” on every page, but for those in colder or warmer zones, my previous month’s and following one will also be available. The links are in the sidebar Chores text.
- Our new weekly newsletter, long promised, now exists. “Newsletter Signup” is near the top of the first sidebar.
- And there’s a picture of me on every page…but can you find it? (Hint: scroll. I’m lurking in what’s called the “fat footer.”)
Thanks to those who helped make it happen. You can find them (and the cat, who slept through the whole thing) on the credits page. And happy (almost) spring.